At Kanawha City Church of Christ we strive to be a welcoming congregation with a goal of being a Christ-minded and Bible-centered church because we desire to know Him and to make Him known.
To Know Him and To Make Him Known
- We believe that God, as the one true god, desires for us to know Him personally, to worship and to live in His presence, and to abide with Him forever. Psalm 46:10; Acts 17:24-25,27
- We believe that God is love existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe that Jesus is Christ the Son and is our only hope of reconciliation to God. We believe we are saved by grace through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:4-5; John 3:16
- We believe the Holy Spirit, as an equal part of God, has revealed His nature through the scriptures and is present to strengthen, protect, and comfort us in our spiritual walk. Acts 1:8; John 14:26
- We believe the Bible is the infallible and inspired work of God. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21
- We have all fallen short and we humbly acknowledge we are in need of grace and salvation. Romans 3:22-24
- The gift of grace is freely given to all who believe in Jesus Christ and through baptism join in his death, burial, and resurrection for the forgiveness of our sins. John 3:16; Romans 6:4
- We believe that God created the Church as Jesus’ hands and feet on Earth until the day he returns. The Church is a body of individuals each empowered by the Holy Spirit with a unique combination of gifts and opportunities to do His will on earth. Matthew 28:18-20; I Peter 4:10
- We are inspired to love others because He first loved us. Matthew 22:36-40
The foundation of our faith is Jesus Christ. And the statements of belief above are a summary of what we believe the Bible speaks about Christ. We also acknowledge the statements above are not the entirety of our beliefs but are limited only by our ability to simply and accurately share our core beliefs in an online setting. We are a family of believers who are striving to live as Christ did and acknowledge we need Christ’s love and grace to engage with God. Please join us for worship or at a life group and we will enjoy meeting you and discussing these beliefs with you!